17kw not starting

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Brycesummers

We have a 17kw LP general silent guardian generator for our cabin in the woods. It has always started fine with a jump start. The last couple times we have tried to start it, it has no cranking going on. We have always had to jump start since not on power. When I try to start, it flashes the over speed, no rpm sense if flashing light. A few times before I had to disconnect the battery for a time to get it started. Checked all spark plugs and wiring, no issues.
Brycesummers

Here is a pic of the serial number.
Attachments
20200624_151520.jpg
20200624_151520.jpg (171.26 KiB) Viewed 43 times
grsthegreat
Contributor
Contributor

the the engine info. they want generator info. there should be an information plate attached to the housing side. lists model,serial no, hertz, output etc
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you look to the right of that sticker on the firewall, there will be a larger sticker with another serial number and model info. :cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Brycesummers

Ended up being the starter contractor, cheap easy fix. Thanks Everyone!