Generac 0055340 RPM sensor loss

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
bbacker2002

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Our generator did not start last week during a storm. It is showing RPM sensor loss. When you attempt to manually start the generator, it makes a clicking sound (like a car with a dead battery). We changed the battery to a newer one (1 year old), and it still will not start. That battery shows 11.1v when put on the portable charger. Put that battery back on the charger to get max charge and will try again. Any further ideas or suggestions on troubleshooting and then repairing this issue ourselves?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Everything you say points to dead/bad battery. I would check the charger output to make sure the charger is good. That 'new' battery, was it dead before charging? If so, it's probably bad too.

The charger output can be checked at the battery terminals if the control panel is still on. If not, can be checked at the 194 and 0 terminals under the control panel cover. Those chargers were prone to failure. If you need a price on a new one, let me know!
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein