1505 rpm sense loss

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
grsthegreat
Contributor
Contributor

if its only a year old, how come the installing company doesnt try a new starter. its covered under warranty.

i once switched our a starter in a warrantied unit only to find out that there was a disconnected main wire just below the starter. i put the old starter back in. thats just life.

always worth a try. i would never allow a generator to try and start 3 times sounding like yours does and just say oh well
bucky75

I am currently trying to find another dealer to look at it. I do not understand why they would not change it either. I had to ask them the check everything the first time they were here to get the original part fixed. I am loosing confidence that they have any real diagnostic techs on staff. I do electrical at my job but have not looked at this too much to understand the system to diagnose a problem as this is so new
bucky75

Well got a new company out to look at this and after telling him what had been done prior he checked the starter and stated the solenoid sounded bad. Went to his truck but did not have the correct one in stock. So he is ordering a new one. Hopefully quickly because 2 times in the last 2 days I have I had power outages.