XG10000 Generator won't crank

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
wallacetom

When I hit the Start switch nothing happens. No clicking, no noise. Dead. I have checked the Off/Run/ Start Switch. Checked the Low Oil Pressure switch. Charged the battery and also put a new battery in service when I was told the SLA battery could not be tested for a load. If I put a jumper on the Starter Contactor the starter will operate but the engine does not Start. While trying the starter I did not see any spark. Could there be a problem with the Starter Contactor Relay?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you post the serial number so I can locate a wiring diagram for it? Sounds like a bad controller or bad system power fuse to me!
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
wallacetom

Engine IDENT No 0J2537. S/N 3001671335

Generator Model No. GO058022. S/N 3001726193

Drawing No. OH3931 is the drawing I found on Generac web site

Thank you for answering my post.

I did check the 1.5 amp and 5.0 amp fuses located behind the main panel. Both were good and not blown.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you put the gen in the 'Run' position and jump the contactor, does it start? This would give us some clues.

Could be a bad starter contactor not sending power to the starter.
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
wallacetom

Yes , with the Start/Run/Stop switch in the Run position the engine will turn over when the Starter Contactor is jumped.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like a bad starter relay. You should be able to trace that back and take a measurement there when hitting the start button to see if there's voltage on the 17 and 15 wires. Looks like 17 gets grounded from the start switch and also grounds the 17 wire to the PCB for starting and the 15 wire is fused power from the system fuse.

The switch uses wire 167 as a ground from the PCB and grounds the 18 wire to shut down the gen in off mode and grounds 17 to tell the unit to start when in start mode, then returns to the center where nothing is grounded to run.
wallacetom

Replaced Starter Contactor Relay. Still no crank, no noise, dead.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did the relay test bad?
wallacetom

I purchased a new Starter Contactor Relay and installed it. Still no engine crank. I did not test the relay I removed. How do I test the relay?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

If the new one is the same, I don't think that's your trouble.

You may need to get someone involved locally who can assess the problem with a meter and find out where you have voltage and where you don't during various tests. I'd hate to see you keep buying parts and having them not fix it!