Firmware Versions

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
gtstricky

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Can anyone provide a list of the last few firmware versions and their changes? I have an EVO with version 1.11. I think I would like to upgrade it to get the enhanced exercise options but didn't know what else changed and what is the latest version number (1.20?). My dealer charges so I want to make sure I want it first.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:36 pm

gtstricky wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:18 pm
Can anyone provide a list of the last few firmware versions and their changes? I have an EVO with version 1.11. I think I would like to upgrade it to get the enhanced exercise options but didn't know what else changed and what is the latest version number (1.20?). My dealer charges so I want to make sure I want it first.
Are you doing your own maintenance or are they? If they're charging for firmware upgrades while they are already there for maintenance, I'd find a new dealer...

That being said, the last version that really does any good would be 1.17 (so far). After that they were updates for the 2800 Aux Shutdown Alarm wiring and switches.

You would want to be above 1.11 though. There were several improvements like a slip ring frost warmup, cold weather start timers and such that were between 1.11 and 1.17.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power