FW update thru Internet

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Proskowetz

Hi, I just joined this forum since I have seen that the advice given here is very helpful and we really need good advice since the next service is in Panama City (not Florida but Republic of Panama) a 6 hours drive and the advice given by these guys is questionable. My problem is that the battery charger does not work, need to charge the battery with an outside charger. I have the unit and battery disconnected and reconnect it whenever needed. I also remove the controller fuse since lightnings have probably damaged the original controller and one replacement controller. Reconnecting and starting it up is a gamble since most times "fuse problem" shows up and does not allow me to start. Googling "fuse problem" I found that a newer FW version for the controller could eliminate this problem. So I checked mine and was surprised to see FIRMWARE V1,07 and HARDWARE V1.05! Probably the replacement controller had a FW older than the one which came with the unit in January 2014.
The unit is an aircooled Generac Guardian Series, Model: 0064390, S/N: 8527703, Evolution Controller: P/N 0J8371A Rev. D
Somewhere I have read that newer controllers have the ability to be updated thru the Internet. Such a controller would probably eliminate both problems (charger and FW). I would be very grateful if a member of this group could tell me if such a controller does exist for my system.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your username looks very familiar I wonder of we have worked with each other in a past life, haha!

The replacement Evolution 1.0 controller for your generator would come with the newest firmware, however it's not a WiFi controller and would not update from the internet. The good thing is that these units really don't update anymore since they have been out for quite some time now...

The charger is built into the controller, so if you've had lightning issues, that does make sense.

The replacement Evolution 1.0 control panel can be found here:https://shop.gentekpower.com/products/g ... trol-panel
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Proskowetz

Hi Chris, thank you for your immediate answer!
We have many Generac generators in the neighborhood and all have problems mainly with the control units since we in an area with frequent lightnings. Here you can see what a lightning did just a couple of weeks ago.

Also burned solenoids in the switchbox as a result of "brownouts".
For this reason I am a member of other fori and also a whats-app group. Maybe we have "met" somewhere there :cool:
No one here would recommend to buy a generator from Generac. :angry:
I think that the "fuse problem" has been solved with FW 1.12. What would be the version if I order the one at your link?
Do you accept foreign CC? Shiment would be to my mailbox in Miami.