Automatic start up activation question

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
frank700

Hello, I bought a Generac 11k unit off of Facebook market place. Brand new in box. Just finished install. Call to activate the unit. Generac will not give me the code. First they said I need a bill of sales. Then they said its an older unit 2014 and are questioning if it will be under warranty. Then they say they can not find the serial number in their system and it may have been sold wholesale. Now they say it could be stolen. So I'm stuck with a generator that will only run if I manually start it. If I lose power I am screwed. My yard is flooded. If I lose power and I am not home. Good night... Any thing that can be done to make this unit function? Replace the message board? Thanks!
grsthegreat
Contributor
Contributor

you sure you gave them the serial number of the unit and not of the motor. i have no idea on warranty for a new 2014 unit as that has never come into play before. there might be an issue of 6 years in storage and what that might cause in damage.....if anything. there is a procedure for non use storage of generators listed in the manuals.

i think a new control board might solve the issue, seeing as when you replace control board you do not have to register the new board, but im not 100% sure that that is the case.