generac Olympian output low

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, Olympian & Carrier Liquid Cooled Home Standby & Commercial generator troubleshooting and repair questions
rlt144

I have an olympian Model 95A 01466 S Type CD075-k364.0d18CBYYY Serial 2019562.
Excite voltage is at 2.5 volts DC, output 100 VAC approx. Wires 1and 4 run excite off of VR. VR Sense LED is on however Regulator LED and Excite LED are off. I can not find a schematic for this genset, any help would be greatly appreciated. The gentleman that brought to me has been throwing parts at it. Bought a new excite field, new VR, and perhaps a new logic board. 440/277 volt alternator.
Thanks
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you manually flash the field, does it start producing normal voltage?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
rlt144

I did not flash the fields manually. The alternator produces 100 vac with the exciter voltage at 2.5 vac. I would imagine increasing exciter voltage to 5vdc would raise output voltage proportionately. However, I can give it a try. It seems to me the voltage regulator is not getting a b + voltage just a guess at best.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is classed as Industrial, so I have very limited info available, but Generac has used the same designs for many years. Usually the AVRs get their power from a DPE winding labeled 2 and 6 on the wires. It's a line voltage AC power input to the AVR which is then converted to DC to regulate the rotor's field. You should check to see if you're making power on the DPE input to the regulator. Do you have any pictures of the regulator, wiring and generator?
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
rlt144

I’ll take a pic of the regulator tomorrow and upload. I’ll look for wires 2&6 check voltage across the two if found. If not 2&6 I’ll get wire numbers at AVR.
THANK YOU AGAIN
Tham

Has anyone one had trouble with “low coolant level” fault that won’t clear even after replacing the probe. After replacing the probe initially the controller displayed that it was ready to run but by the time I packed my tools it faulted back to “low coolant level” and by the way the coolant is filled to the brim
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tham wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 am
Has anyone one had trouble with “low coolant level” fault that won’t clear even after replacing the probe. After replacing the probe initially the controller displayed that it was ready to run but by the time I packed my tools it faulted back to “low coolant level” and by the way the coolant is filled to the brim
You should start a new topic and include some info about the generator so we know what probe and what control panel you're talking about.