Starts for about 10 sec then shuts down

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
tdcmoto

Generac Model OE6219 SERIAL 7888609 Natural Gas.
Unit starts and runs in manual mode for about 10 seconds then shuts off the overcrank led is lit ,does this constantly, I could hear the starter motor engaging when it was running so I disconnected the trigger wire from it still shuts down after a few seconds.
So far I have replaced the battery / starter motor / and replaced the Brushes and cleaned the slip rings.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

That model and serial number most likely came from the engine, and that won't help us unfortunately. We'd need the model and serial number from the silver tag on the firewall panel near the front door.

My guess is that the unit isn't making voltage. When it's running, is it producing power? What is the resistance of the slip rings on the 0 and 4 wires?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
tdcmoto

Thank you The correct model # 0046753 serial # 4357428 I took off the top cover and found both the neutral wire and ground wires were very loose on the posts .I tightened them up and no longer have the overcrank code but still turns off. I measured the resistance of the 0 and 4 wires going to the Vreg and have about 11 ohms (Cheap meter),
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you take that measurement with them removed from the AVR? They should be disconnected from the AVR first.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power