Changing auto run time

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
rmucci@aol.com

I have a 16 KW air cooled Generac 16KW/999

I have experienced milky oil when doing the annual maintenance. I understand
that condensation is causing the issue. I would like to automatically run the generator for 30 min
exercise times but the unit is designed to only run for 5 minutes. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks
Bob
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately no. You can however do a loaded test once in a while for 30 min to an hour to try and help. Simply simulate an outage by turning off the main breaker in the transfer switch.

You can also turn off the quiet test and have it run at the normal 3600 RPM which may help a little.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
rmucci@aol.com

Chris Thx How do you turn off the quiet test?
rmucci@aol.com

If I purchased the Wifi controller would that allow me to program the unit for a longer automatic run time?
grsthegreat
Contributor
Contributor

the genmon will allow for longer run times, with or without transfer switch actual switching. you can select length, frequency of exercise and weather or not you want to transfer. its located in the add on section of the program.....easy as pie to use. does not effect the programmed exercise runs of the generator controller.

you cannot buy a generac wifi controller to swap out your existing controller. not that it wont work, but there are other wiring issues that will come up such as the wifi interface. furthermore the generac wifi program does not allow for longer run times.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yea, the panel 'upgrade' would be a real hassle since the harnesses are different and wires are located in different spots in the harness even though the connectors are the same. Would damage the controller, plus the WiFi module is a separate part and would require a special hole to be punched in the enclosure for it that's D shaped.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power