New member checking in.

New here? Tell us about yourself!
bOAtMeChaNicgUy

Hey all. I joined the forums to research my gensets. Prior service USCG from 2000-2008. Marine Mechanic/Electrician currently. Mostly work on Outboards and 12/24v systems. I have an older 5k John Deere generator, Generac 15k with the Brigs GTH990 and a Firman 8000. My generac 15k is currently not running due to age and bad gas/ethanol issues. It sat for years :barf: :angry: . Any way, Happy I found this forum and have already been lurking the board picking up tidbits of info. Ill be around.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!! Thanks for your service. Hopefully you find the site useful :cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Bspeed54

5 month old general 13 K . Control board not working. Is this normal for equipment blow out that’s 5 months old. Run maybe 2 hours other that diagnostic check. Should the board be replaced or the whole unit
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bspeed54 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:40 am
5 month old general 13 K . Control board not working. Is this normal for equipment blow out that’s 5 months old. Run maybe 2 hours other that diagnostic check. Should the board be replaced or the whole unit
I assume you mean Generac? What's wrong with the controller?

No, we don't typically see them fail being so new. The unit would be under warranty and if the controller is bad, it would be replaced at no cost to you by your local dealer. (Provided that the unit is installed properly and it wasn't an install issue that caused the failure...)
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power