Running log

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, Olympian & Carrier Liquid Cooled Home Standby & Commercial generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Gfsk

Hello fellas

Recently I have had a customer complaint of a protector qs not running after power failure. However. Running log states it was infact running. Now does this mean 100 percent operational or just that the engine ran.
Gfsk

One other question. Is there an easy way for me to simulate a loss of power and get it to run plus generate power without having to call switches in Edmonton and get them to cut power at this switch.. {cn backup gen)
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

If the log said it was running, it would have been running, however the generator doesn't monitor transfer switch position, so it's possible it ran but didn't transfer...

The transfer switch should have a main disconnect, just shut that off to simulate an outage.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power