Govener Fault 30kw protector series

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, Olympian & Carrier Liquid Cooled Home Standby & Commercial generator troubleshooting and repair questions
spaknives

Hey all,
We have a newer 30kw protector series diesel gen that us pretty much brand new with 20hrs on it.
We activated it last fall and ran it for a few hours then it came in with a high coolant temp alarm. The generator has pretty much set for the past 4 or 5 months. I just got a new coolant sensor and replaced it today. I hooked up the jumper cable and tried starting it now I am getting a 2502 error code and it says govener fault. If someone can lead me in the right direction of why I might be getting this that would be great! Thanks
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can get all kinds of strange stuff going on with a dead/weak battery. I'd suggest charging or replacing the battery and not jumping it and going from there.

I have to wonder why the battery died at all? It should be connected to power from the transfer switch or building which keeps the charger alive?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
spaknives

Chris wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:07 pm
You can get all kinds of strange stuff going on with a dead/weak battery. I'd suggest charging or replacing the battery and not jumping it and going from there.

I have to wonder why the battery died at all? It should be connected to power from the transfer switch or building which keeps the charger alive?
This unit is not hooked to a transfer switch, or building. It is mounted on a trailer in case we need to pull it out to one of our cell sites that doesn't have a back up generator.
We usually pull off a battery lead when it is not in use, but I guess that was over looked.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, did a good battery solve the issues?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power