Dayton 4lm38b with generac rotor/stator no power output

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, Olympian & Carrier Liquid Cooled Home Standby & Commercial generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the order! Processed today, will most likely ship Monday evening. I will update her order with tracking information as soon as it's available. :cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
mjr46
Contributor
Contributor

Chris wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:57 am
Thanks for the order! Processed today, will most likely ship Monday evening. I will update her order with tracking information as soon as it's available. :cool:
that's fine......appreciate it :)
mjr46
Contributor
Contributor

Chris wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:57 am
so parts arrived.......i'm gonna install the AVR tonight Chris.........do all the connections on this new avr correspont to the old connections on the avr from top to bottom? meaning the old avr i numbered the wires from top to bottom 1-6 and i know that that order does not correspond to testing as i found out also once this is all plugged in i see a small set screw on the little blue thing upper left.........how do i adjust this/ to what spec? i assume i have a dvom hooked up and to what scale set? and where do i hook test leads to if it all works once hooked up?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, all wires land in the same spots on either voltage regulator.

You'll need a decent quality meter. Voltage should be around 242-245V from line to line or exactly half from line to neutral.

A small flat head screwdriver will allow you to adjust it.
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
mjr46
Contributor
Contributor

Chris wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:03 pm
Yes, all wires land in the same spots on either voltage regulator.

You'll need a decent quality meter. Voltage should be around 242-245V from line to line or exactly half from line to neutral.

A small flat head screwdriver will allow you to adjust it.
Well, after almost 2 years it is fixed!! new avr and avr all adjusted now and she has output 243-244 volts!!!! thanks a million to Chris for guiding me through the troubleshooting!!!.....I had been on another forum that gave possible problems which some were listed that were my problem but no good info on where to and how to start troubleshooting....no a very good forum in my opinion or at least a tech savy one, which caused me to dabble around for over a year and a half with no real conclusion....and furthermore it claimed to be a Generac service forum were no one tech savy enough could tell me specs and what and where to troubleshoot, just a list of possible ideas of what it "could be" I'm sure glad I found this forum!!! In about a weeks time Chris had me narrow the problem down through his expertise skills!! I will be back to this forum, as Chris is the man!! Read the thread and you'll see how well he knows his stuff!! and I bought the parts or at least my mom did from him as a token of our appreciation and we'll do it again if need be......well, we hope not to have issues in the near future..lol anyway, so the fix for this was dirty brushes and slip rings and a bad AVR!!! Thanks once again Chris!!!!!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm very glad to hear that you got it running! Thanks very much for the kind words and the parts order as well!! :smile: