Maintenance kit for Model 005244 (16kW)

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Deerlake

I'm so glad I found this forum. I was looking for a replacement battery charger which is how I actually ended up here. So since I am about to order one from Gentek I thought I might as well also get a maintenance kit (oil filter 070185B, air filter OC8127 and spark plugs RC12YC). I don't see one for my gen so i thought I would ask. Thanks.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will send you a PM :cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
MacL
Contributor
Contributor

The kit for that unit will have RC14 plugs in it and you should use RC14 plugs. 12's won't get hot enough to stay clean.

Plugs of different heat numbers are built to dissipate heat into the head more or less efficiently. The goal is to have the plug operate at a particular temperature regardless of the engine it is in, so that it will keep itself clean.

So the smaller 992 engine takes a "hotter" plug than the 999 engine, which would take an RC12.
You don’t know what you don’t know.