WIFI not installed

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
ldubia

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:56 pm

I have a brand new Honeywell (Generac) 20kw generator. It was connected t weeks ago electrically, and plumbing was completed yesterday (two week spread). During the electrical connection, the unit was activated and had wifi. The app on my phone got wiped for some reason along with others (probably updates) and I lost the ability to connect and monitor the generator. I reloaded the app and tried to establish connection to the generator but the generator is saying no wifi installed. How can I get this back on? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Larry
MacL

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:48 pm

In your plastic bag of paperwork and manuals should be a green and white "Quick Start" card, it's 11 x 17" and folded in half. That gives the instructions for setting up your wifi

You basically come out to the generator with your smart phone and the password to your wifi in the house, and then find "Setup Wifi" in the controller edit menu, and select yes then Enter and go from there. You need to get www.installml.com on a browser on your smart phone as well.

At that point you will connect to the MLGxxxxx in your phone's wifi settings.

If MobileLink has already been set up previously, you should have been emailed a temporary password for your Mobile Link page.

Be sure you select the correct time zone when asked. For some stupid reason it does not say Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific, but for Central you have to choose "American/Chicago". Central is UTC -6; Eastern is UTC -5; Mountain is UTC-7; Pacific is UTC-8, if you don't know the cities.
You're free to choose, but choices have consequences