Sync 2.0 codes

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Joemac8

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:28 am

I have a 17 KW Generac installed at my cabin in far Northern Wisconsin in June of 2018. Being up there sporadically, I don't remember ever hearing it run. I was up there last week and wanted to check the generator before winter. I looked at the Sync and saw "Ready to Run, Inspect Battery" I hit Escape and then it said "Ready to Run, Hours of protection". I hit escape again and it said "Ready to Run, 11304 (H)".

I have no idea what all this means. I will be going back there in two weeks.

Any idea what this all means?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:36 am

That's just the 'hours of protection' number. Basically the amount of time in hours that the unit has been powered up and in Auto, NOT running hours.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Joemac8

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:15 am

What about the "Inspect Battery" ??? The battery was new when installed. I have read online (how could you get more true??? :rolleyes: ) that there was some issue with battery charging with this unit???
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Not that I'm aware of? These use integrated smart chargers. The Inspect Battery warning light is just a maintenance reminder and nothing to worry about.
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Joemac8

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:49 pm

OK thanks very much.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:30 pm

On my newly installed 7173 I saw 90 hours on my display. Now I can make the assumption those are "protected" hours, not "run" hours. How do I display run hours?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:49 pm

7173 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:30 pm
On my newly installed 7173 I saw 90 hours on my display. Now I can make the assumption those are "protected" hours, not "run" hours. How do I display run hours?
It's buried in the menu a little bit.

Hit ESC, then arrow to SUB MENUS, hit ENT > MAINT > ENT > RUN HRS > ENT. That will display the actual run hours including exercise time. Keep in mind that if the control panel is ever changed and the hours from the old panel aren't entered, the number will start at 0 again...