22kw first commissioning auxiliary shutdown switches

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
TAB

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Generac Model G0070422 22kw air cooled generator. This is a brand new installation and I am going through checkout procedures, inside auxiliary shutdown switch needs to be set with switch label "|" however, external auxiliary switch on back of generator needs to be set with switch label "O" to clear auxiliary shutdown alarm and permit run. Rear switch either has inverted label, reverse switch contact logic or reverse logic in Evolution controller. According to exploded diagrams these are single pole single throw switches so moving a wire over on switch isn't an option., I didn't check to see if switch face will pop off and turn around. Any cause for concern here? Thanks in advance, Tom
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:48 pm

I would just warranty the switch and get it replaced. The switches are SPST and do nothing more than break a loop back to the controller.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
TAB

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:03 am

Thanks Chris! :cool:
TAB

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 pm

What I ended up doing was I popped out the switch removed and turned around the toggle and then reinstalled, working as it should. Someone fell asleep in the switch factory that day.. Lol!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Haha! Glad you got it figured out! :cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power