Firmware changes for 70422

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
whee

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:13 pm

I'm generally just a curious person. I have had a 22kW 70422 installed in the past few weeks, have it hooked up to Wi-Fi, and noticed it has gotten two firmware upgrades since installation: 1.7.something (from 1.6.something), and now 1.8.58.

Is there a place I can go to see what they have changed between these versions?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:15 pm

There is not a customer facing place where you can view the changes, however I can tell you that the changes were made to improve the Mobile Link features for WiFi and 4G LTE versions :cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
whee

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Chris wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:15 pm
There is not a customer facing place where you can view the changes, however I can tell you that the changes were made to improve the Mobile Link features for WiFi and 4G LTE versions :cool:
Awesome, thanks!

What is your opinion on the Mobile Link Active features, if I may ask? I can't seem to find any screenshots showing everything officially, so it's not really clear to me what some of the editing and status history settings might look like. The price is reasonable to me, since it beats me being curious all the time and checking the app to see the status. Is it reliable if the generator's WiFi connection is reliable?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:17 am

So Mobile link in the past (cellular) gave you a lot of good information about the unit. Battery info, voltage, all kinds of alarm history, etc. You also got instant updates about status with alarms, running, exercise, etc. With the free version of the WiFi, you really don't get much other than the ability to look at the app to check status and monthly update emails.

If you want better information, the upgraded version might be worth it to you.

Yes, as long as the WiFi signal is good and you have a good connection and the modem/network is backed up by the generator you should be good to go. Just keep in mind that in a lot of cases during a bad outage, the internet will go down for reasons out of your control and you will lose access to the generator...
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power