How to reset maintenance yellow light on Generac generator

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
TommyP

Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:31 pm

How do I reset the maintenance reminder yellow light on my Generac 10kW? I've always just kind of ignored it since I always do the required maintenance yearly just to make sure that the unit is running well. Is this located in a dealer only menu which I've read about?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Assuming that this is a Nexus or pre-Nexus 2008 style model, you can reset the light by going into the 'Edit' menu, then using the +- keys or arrow keys (depending on the controller) to navigate to the 'Reset Maintenance' option, push 'Enter' then arrow up to 'Yes' then press 'Enter' again. It will just return to saying 'Reset Maintenance' and you can hit the 'Esc' key a couple times to back out. You can also reset any maintenance reminder just by hitting the 'Enter' key twice, but it doesn't reset the entire maintenance log, just whatever reminder was active at the time. If you're doing regular maintenance the former option would be better so that you don't see the other reminders at times when they shouldn't come on.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
brentpham

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:20 am

Sorry for reviving old topic, my generator is 7717 2200i. Is there any solution to reset the maintenance yellow light?
Thank you
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:11 am

brentpham wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:20 am
Sorry for reviving old topic, my generator is 7717 2200i. Is there any solution to reset the maintenance yellow light?
No problem! I just want to get a little more info though. I think your model is probably 7117 actually, but no big deal on that.

That generator doesn't have a maintenance light. Which light out of the 3 is actually on? If it's the little oil light, that means it's actually low or out of oil.
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
navguy12

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Today is the anniversary date for the maintenance reminder light on my Generac Guardian (from the info sticker: model # 0064370, serial # 8657726, controller # 0J8371A) 11 kW faceplate rated generator.

As in years past, I always do the maintenance the first week of June and then just reset the yellow light once it illuminates on 11 June of every year.

Today, the yellow maintenance reminder light came on with "Inspect Battery" showing in the maintenance log sub menu.

I attempted to clear the yellow light, via the "Evolution LCD control panel", getting into the sub menus>>maint>>maint. log>>enter dialog box as well as sub menus>>maint>>scheduled>>inspect battery "184 RnHr or 06/11/19" (today).

Pressing "enter" is not clearing inspect battery yellow light.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery did not lead to me clearing the yellow light with the pressing of "enter" at the appropriate time.

As an aside, last week I performed the six month battery inspection plus yearly oil and filter (s) changes. I always remove the battery from the generator and inspect/add distilled water if/as required. The resting voltage of the battery was 13.4.

Accessing the battery>>battery condition dialog box shows "check battery" that also will not clear when I press enter.

How do I clear this yellow light that showed up as soon as the maintenance minder one year anniversary (to the minute) came on today?

Thanks

Cheers

Mike
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 pm

If you're at the 'Home Screen' and the unit is switched off and the message is on the screen, what happens when you push enter, does a message pop up?
navguy12

Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Chris:

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I'm here at the genny and just followed your instructions (unit to "off" and THEN press "enter").

I got the two options (that I was expecting) and I have just turned off that yellow light!

Even the "Battery Condition" sub menu now says "good".

Thanks again,

Cheers

Mike
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Glad to hear you got it cleared!