Under Speed code 1600 or 1603

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Wayne

Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:40 am

I got a 2015 22 kw generator with 100 hours on it, did oil change and decided to adjust valves, since I now get under speed and unit hunting for correct speed. I called in a Generac authorized technician to look at unit, he actually managed bend a pushrod. Waiting for parts. Have since tested cylinder for leakage and got lucky valve is still good and holding. My question is how do we fix under speed. Do Generac techs have a computer to help troubleshoot. Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks Wayne
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:12 am

So is the valve issue repaired now? If not, that will certainly cause speed and running issues... Generac techs don't carry any special computer for troubleshooting, it's just knowledge gained over years of experience and troubleshooting. I would check to make sure the stepper motor is plugged in. If someone was messing around down by the battery, it could have been yanked out of the controller.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Wayne

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:42 pm

Ok, I will check, I can tell you that I could see stepper motor trying.