Generac Error Code 2800 Aux Shutdown Fault

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
nvdwarrior

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 am

Had my first 2800 Aux Shutdown Fault code today. With your help, it was easy to find that simple rocker switch turned off! I must have bumped it while weed whacking the generac! Thanks for your help. Saves a service call for something silly I did! :bigsmile:
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:46 am

nvdwarrior wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 am
Had my first 2800 Aux Shutdown Fault code today. With your help, it was easy to find that simple rocker switch turned off! I must have bumped it while weed whacking the generac! Thanks for your help. Saves a service call for something silly I did! :bigsmile:
Welcome to the site! Glad to hear you were able to quickly solve the problem! :cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
dustin_newsome

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Both switches are on and now it’s saying “press off, then enter to clear alarm”. When I do that, nothing happens. Any advice? Thanks
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 pm

dustin_newsome wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:19 pm
Hi, I’m having the same issue. Both switches are on and now it’s saying “press off, then enter to clear alarm”. When I do that, nothing happens. Any advice? Thanks
You may have a loose connection or a bad switch. A beep type continuity tester will help since the switches just make a complete path back to the control panel. Keep in mind this unit is probably under warranty!
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
TAB

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:33 pm

I had a 22kw generator that came with one of the switches assembled “Backwards” where “O” was closed and “|” was open. Try alternating switch positions while clearing the code.