Older Generac Model 9067-6 NG and Tranfer Switch

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Ehenry

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 am

New user here....This genset has been in service on my home for since 1999 with basically no issues other than a starter drive gear. I acquired the unit used with the exception of the transfer switch and the electrician took the documentation with him. I have no documentation on the generator unit or transfer switch at all and Generac's site will not find the model number I guess due to age.

Does anyone have any information on these two units.

Thanks,
Attachments
IMG_2979.JPG
IMG_2979.JPG (105.75 KiB) Viewed 49 times
IMG_2977.JPG
IMG_2977.JPG (46.04 KiB) Viewed 49 times
IMG_2974.JPG
IMG_2974.JPG (80.74 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:59 pm

The transfer switch is just a very dated version of the current 100A automatic transfer switches we use now.

As far as the generator goes, that's an older belt-drive unit we call them. Meaning that the engine and alternator assembly are coupled by a belt and pulley system instead of the direct drive setup they use now.

There are a few sites if you Google "Generac 9067 manual" that have a copy you can view. Honestly, these are VERY old units that were the very beginnings of the Generac Air Cooled automatic home standby game. They used Briggs and Stratton engines and Generac electronics. Parts are becoming more and more difficult and expensive to replace. I can still get a good chunk of the parts for it, but they're just pricey...

Hope that helps!
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
Ehenry

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 pm

This old unit has been rock solid for 20 years. I've got less than $600 in the entire setup. I've no clue how much runtime was on it when I bought it. I purchased the transfer switch new.

Would this transfer switch function with a current model higher wattage unit should something happen to this genet that there are no parts for ?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:54 pm

Yep! Absolutely. They use the same principle now they did 20 years ago. 23 and 194 send a 12V signal to the small relay in the switch and it moves if there is generator power available.

The new switches have load shedding modules and such, but aren't needed unless the gen is overloaded.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts