Honeywell Sync 2.0 selector panel not responding Help

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
dantus

Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi guys Greetings ! So I have Generac/honeywell Sync 2.0 that does not le me select further on its frozen on this info ...so i cannot start this generator for my ccostumer please help .. tried to reset by disconecting batt and ac powerbut no luck , when the info panel turns on the ref light in “off” button stays and says “seleccion comb.” but the selector buttons dont respond by pressing
A99A665C-DE2A-46D2-A413-3C4CAF780151.jpeg
A99A665C-DE2A-46D2-A413-3C4CAF780151.jpeg (214.04 KiB) Viewed 311 times
could this be a bad info module.?
dantus

Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:33 pm

Btw Super happy to have the chance to join this professional forum Community thanks !! looking foward to awsome knowledge
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Glad to have you! What you're seeing is the 'Fuel Selection' screen but in Spanish? Someone must have switched it from English at some point or it was sent to another country or something. That being said, most likely the ribbon cable has come unplugged from the PCB inside the controller. Is this a new unit?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
dantus

Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Hey hi its new to me but my customer says its around two years of service old for him i have no idea of running hours panel screen is stuck in selection of fuel type , anyhow over 6 months of ago gen did not want to crank .. I went in to diagnose this morning it stayed in this screen the whole time ..tried reseting couple of times disconecting both battery and ac wire and everytime it reboot the middle blue light flashed and quickly switch to red light “OFF” just stuck in this screen ,, made me kinda unsatified with my intent 🤦🏾‍♂️ not being able to help this nice lady ..can this module be opened to rewire this “ribbon” wire
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:56 pm

Do you have a serial number for the generator? If it's under warranty, a replacement controller could probably just be swapped in. If it's not warranty, you can open it since you don't have much to lose! The cable goes into a connector that has to tiny little 'clamps' at the edges which can be pulled out slightly and then the cable inserted, and then those little 'clamps' pushed back in to lock the cable into place.

I'm also going to move this thread to the 'Generac Air Cooled' section to better organize it for everyone else!
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
dantus

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 pm

awsome hey thanks !! gonna give it a shot tomorow and post the update, thanks again .!!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Good luck! Let us know how it goes
UPS

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 am

There could be contamination on the controller circuit board or even local critters, such as dead ants, which others have found.
dantus

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:24 pm

Hey Guys got it working .!!! opened the control
panel found salt grim and dirt 🤷🏽‍♂️ down here in Puerto Rico humid salty weather anyhow cleaned with contatct and electrical cleaner and waited to dry in the sun for a about an hour or so Plugged and put all in place and turned on no problems 🙌🏽🙌🏽 thank you .!!!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:30 pm

dantus wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:24 pm
Hey Guys got it working .!!! opened the control
panel found salt grim and dirt 🤷🏽‍♂️ down here in Puerto Rico humid salty weather anyhow cleaned with contatct and electrical cleaner and waited to dry in the sun for a about an hour or so Plugged and put all in place and turned on no problems 🙌🏽🙌🏽 thank you .!!!

Glad to hear it's working and thank you for the update!! Salt water is harsh on just about everything :sad: