Supplying 120v power at generator for security camera

Kohler Home Standby & Commercial generator troubleshooting and repair questions
poconogen

I have a Kohler 20RESCL that I would like to install a security camera well into backyard. If using a powered wireless camera can I tap into power from generator somehow to power the camera? Generator is not near house so no power easily available from house. Battery powered cameras do not work with nvr's but independently. I can think of a few options: 1. Battery powered camera with no nvr ability (not preferred), 2. 120v powered wifi with nvr and 3. POE camera and attempting to run cat5e through 70' of underground conduit. Any ideas appreciated.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think a lot of the Kohlers use a 120V receptacle to charge the battery or run heater accessories. I'm not a Kohler expert, but if that outlet is installed/connected inside, I would think you could just use that since it will be a very small draw.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
poconogen

Yes, I believe there is a receptacle for charger which is 120v so I could use that. Thanks Chris
jbwill01

If the unit has the RDC2 controller, it has a built in battery charger inside the controller. There is a terminal strip on the right side of the unit were you land your control wires along with the 120vac that's for the charger and it's also for a single outlet that's inside of the unit that's for an optional carb heater for the colder climates.