Generac 36kw quietsource no start

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, Olympian & Carrier Liquid Cooled Home Standby & Commercial generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Rob_marek83
Contributor
Contributor

So I’m getting a low fuel pressure now which I wasn’t getting before. Pretty sure some pipe dope made it when I took the plug out so I’m going to take that apart tomorrow and see if I can clean that

Where is the fuel solonid? Is it below the part they already replaced on the regulator?
Rob_marek83
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Chris. I have a question. Off the fuel regulator. Is there supposed to be a line that runs right to the throttle plate to send fuel for cold starts and then close off after it’s running? I see the fuel like goes up to the air filter housing. But I wasn’t sure.

Thank you
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, they use what they call a primer solenoid which is a black solenoid that adds fuel when the starter is cranking (powered by the 56 wire).
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Rob_marek83
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if that is what my problem is. It’s not getting that jolt of fuel from that thus causing the starting issues.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can remove the end of the hose near the mixer and check for fuel there during cranking.
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Rob_marek83
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have a diagram? Here is what the hose that comes off that black solenoid. It looks like the hose goes back into the fuel regulator.
Attachments
Hose
Hose
81D2A2C9-73C0-4301-B8AB-6526B20185C5.jpeg (179.28 KiB) Viewed 47 times
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's my fault. That little hose is fuel into the solenoid and then it's nippled to the main fuel hose. You can take a screwdriver and see if it sticks to the bolt on the top when cranking to see if the magnet is working. You can also remove the primary fuel hose and see if fuel is making its way out of the solenoid up the hose.
Rob_marek83
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so there is no hose that goes directly to the intake to help start. I will try that tomorrow morning. So I’m guessing this is plumbed correctly
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, sorry, just a brain fart. They used to plumb the hose directly out of the primer to the intake manifold, but switched to a tee in the main fuel hose instead.
Rob_marek83
Contributor
Contributor

My main fuel hose doesn’t tee off into the intake manifold.

I’m thinking this is where my problem lies.