Generac natural gas model 00607-2

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, Olympian & Carrier Liquid Cooled Home Standby & Commercial generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Marc

I have an older generac stand by generator.
Model 00607-2
1800 rpm
15 KW
The unit runs and functions fine. The issue I’m having is that it needs starting fluid to get running. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

My first question would be what fuel is it running on and what's the pressure? You're adding fuel which makes me think it's not getting enough...
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Marc

Hi Chris,

The unit runs on natural gas. The pressure is 6psi. The unit will run and operate under a load once started fine. Once running it idles smoothly and under load runs steady and even. It just can’t start on its own without starting fluid. Thanks.

Marc
murphy
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

6 PSI??
If that is true it is way too high.
6" water column would be in the ball park.
Marc

My mistake. 6” water column. It’s natural gas.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think this is an old Fiat unit, but not positive on that. Most of these older units we can't lookup on Generac's internal system. Some of them were 11-14" systems and some were 5-14" systems. Do you have the ability to increase fuel pressure, or is that the pressure from the meter?
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Marc

The unit does use a 1.6 Fiat motor. The pressure is from the meter.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't have a manual handy for that generator. Do you by any chance have the one that came with it? There will be a fuel requirements section which will list the pressure and amount of fuel needed.