Unknown wire

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
Pajer

Went to manually turn on generac 16kw generator and it says “switched to off, inspect battery “. Battery is ok but found this wiring harness hanging above battery. Can’t seem to find where it goes. Could this be my problem and does anyone know what it attaches to? Appears to have 3 female pins and a dummy pin. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It appears to have a orange line down the shroud of the wires
AB2DF524-6C07-424D-900A-6904A3599488.jpeg
AB2DF524-6C07-424D-900A-6904A3599488.jpeg (146.47 KiB) Viewed 224 times
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Can you pull back the plastic cover and read off the wire numbers. Each wire is individual wired. But it looks like the wire that goes to the 3 exterior led lights on the side
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep, that plugs into the tri-clops LED assembly on the side. Sometimes people unplug them so they don't have the light shining.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
UnknownOverlord
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Easily accidentally unplugged when doing battery or plenum recall. I snag em all the time, along with the stepper/mixer wires.
I fix broken stuff.