11 KW overload

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
lexus4321

Our 11 Kw (Mod # MG0070330/Serial # 3001159934) is four years old and we are having a problem with overloading. We lost power today and the generator is unable to start the electric furnace. The generator starts fine, lights come on, furnace fan starts, heat pump begins to heat and then the furnace attempts to start. At this point the generator bogs down, lights flicker and the three smart modules shed their power. Generator RPM's pick up, smart modules come back on after five minutes and the process starts all over again. Error code "Charger Missing AC" came on twice on 1/13/2021 (1:44PM & 4:14PM) before we lost power at approx. 11:05PM on 1/13/21. Any ideas? Thank you.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is this a geo thermal system?

I doubt VERY much that an 11kW is anywhere near big enough to run an electric furnace (backup heat strips). Most of them have about 10kW worth of just heating, not to mention a compressor motor and electric hot water tanks.

Take some pictures of the nameplates of the items on the gen so I can see what you have and are trying to run.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
lexus4321

The generator has been operating fine for four+ years and has had absolutely no trouble with starting the furnace until yesterday. The three smart modules control the range, dryer and hot water tank.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does the furnace have backup electric heat? I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean by electric furnace. If you just mean the blower, or if there is actual electric heat and a compressor for a geothermal system?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power