Low oil pressure signal, but getting no pressure

Generac, Guardian, Honeywell, Siemens, Centurion, Watchdog, Bryant, & Carrier Air Cooled Home Standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
daniel

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:41 pm

It started with a low oil pressure signal and then shutting off.

It was due for maintenance, so I changed the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, and air filter. Started it up and still shut down due to low oil pressure. Changed out the oil pressure switch and it still shut down.

Father-in-law suggested I leave the switch hooked up, but uninstalled from the engine telling me, "It should squirt oil, so get ready." Well, it didn't.

I've looked at exploded diagrams of the potential parts (mainly the oil pump assembly), but I don't see how to take this thing apart to get that far.

Does anyone have any teardown suggestions?

Model: 0058751
Serial: 6489308
Engine Model: OH4653

Thanks!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Tear down is a bit of a chore on these... The rotor/stator side needs to come totally off and then the engine cover can be removed to access the insides of the motor. I can get you any parts you need, including a diagnostic manual that will show tear down, but this is going to be a big project!
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
78buckshot
Verified Dealer
Verified Dealer

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:23 pm

You might consider taking the engine to a small engine repair shop.