1st post Generac 17500

Having a problem with the forum? Please post it here.
Timehunter

I could not find any other place to post my first question except for here.
I guess so you can check my first one.
I have a Generac 17500w, 33hp Mod#0G0934 (which does not show my generator on Generac's website) Ser# 8003234
Engine item# 0045830, Ser# 4478571.
The problem I am having is it will crank but will not run unless I hold down the start switch.
Is this a common problem?
I tried the oil pressure switch, jumped terminals, removed both wires, clamped both wires together and still no luck.
I also tried the carb solenoid, disconnected plus hot wired to a separate battery and still no luck.
I just ordered your service and diagnostic manual.
Did not see shipping times.
Glad it is good weather here right now instead of finding this out when needed!
Has run great in the past and been sitting for several months before I tried to start it and just ran into this problem.
Has less than 25 hours on it.
Any help appreciated!!!

GP
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi!

Once you see this reply, I'll move this to the correct section. It should allow you to click 'New Topic' in any of the forums, but I'll keep an eye on it.

The manual you grabbed was a digital download version, so that you should have already.

It almost sounds like the switch may be acting up? I would probably use the continuity function on a digital meter to make sure we're not losing anything when you let go of the switch. Is the starter staying engaged when you hold it to the start position?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Timehunter

Yes the starter is staying engaged.
I did not notice that the manual was digital.
Is there a paper one available and price?
Fixing to go look and see what I can find in the manual.
BTW.I only go online once a day in the morning.
Thank you for the help!

GP
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

It does sound like a possible bad switch.

Generac got rid of paper diagnostic manuals unfortunately :sad:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power