13kw Guardian 2006, 13kw reduced output

Having a problem with the forum? Please post it here.
bionm1

I have 2006 Guardian 13 kw, Ser. 4416680, Model: 05242. First time issue since owning. Power went out, gen started, appeared to take load on all circuits. Shortly noticed microwave running at reduced level with obvious smell of overheating. Eventually, another circuit dropped off tripping breaker; wouldn't reset. Before I try to have an electrician dive into the issue, I would like some ideas as to what the issue maybe and possible courses of correction. Thanks
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, you first need to know what it was that was going on. You mentioned reduced output, was that measured with a multi-meter or some other device, or just assumed from the sound of things?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

You need to check output of the voltage regulator with t true RMS meter. Probably a failing automatic voltage regulator.
bionm1

I didn't dive in with my Sears multi tester which isn't what is recommended t True RMS reader. The symptoms as stated definitely have not been witnessed in the 15yrs that I have owned the unit. There is definitely a performance issue here. I appreciate the thought on the automatic voltage regulator that was offered; thank you for your helpful reply.