engine EHC0095-2

Briggs & Stratton generator troubleshooting
rvs57lin

I have this engine on my Generac 4000FX power generator. I have no spark using a spark checker attached to the plug and the wire going to the plug. I have checked the Run/Stop switch and have continuity with the switch in Run and no continuity in the stop position. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to check out next. This generatior ran for two hours before it was stored in march of this year. Is the coil hard to get to? What thickness of a card would be acceptable to place between the coil and the fylwheel? Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

RV
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Most coils are spaced at .010 from the magnet.

If the unit has a low oil sensor, that may be killing spark as well.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
b2bphc

if he burned through all the oil in 2 hours it would look like a mosquito fog machine. i doubt the oil sensor failed.
nrp3
Verified Dealer
Verified Dealer

If the sensor had failed, then that could be the case. Then you need to figure out whether to disconnect the leads or connect the leads together to get it to start.