Generac SD125 No Voltage

Vintage Kohler, Generac, Onan, GE & more! Share your pictures & questions here.
Kbender

I believe we have everything wired correctly.
Power input goes into plug positions 2 & 6
Sensing on plug positions 3 & 5
Field wires on plug positions 1 & 4

The thing I'm not 100% sure on at the moment is the polarity of these connections.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

2/6 are an AC voltage so it doesn't matter, 11/44 are also an AC voltage (sensing) so again, doesn't matter. 1/4 are DC voltage to the field, so that matters. 4 is DC +, 1 is DC -
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Kbender

Thank you for all of the assistance Chris.

We ended up temporarily installing a Cat Digital Voltage Regulator so we could electronically monitor phase voltage and excitation voltage/current. We apparently have some serious issues with a couple phases as one will produce 300V, another 117V, and the 3rd 208V. At this time, it probably isn't worth diving into the gen for what the customer paid for it at auction.

Thanks again for your help!
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-12 135642.jpg
Screenshot 2022-05-12 135642.jpg (95.18 KiB) Viewed 51 times
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, yea something is not right in that stator! That's a pretty cool diagnostic tool though!
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power