2000w generator for RV

Any other brand generator not covered in the main boards. Champion, Katolight, CAT, Baldor, Winco, etc.
Silverstar

Hey there!
I'll get straight to the point. I bought an RV last week and now I think about buying a 2000W generator. Any suggestions and pitfalls are welcome because I don't savvy. It would be great to hear from RV owners, but generator owners are welcome too, thanks!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi!

I personally have 3 Generac iQ2000's (which can be paralleled in sets of 2 with a kit). We run our 29' trailer when we go camping at places without electrical hookup. A single 2000w does just fine unless you want to run the AC unit (then 2 of them can handle it). The Generac iQ2000's are pretty quiet and have 3 speed base settings depending on what you're anticipating for load. In any mode, they will speed up to accommodate the new load, but if set too low, they may not be quick enough to respond.

I also use one on almost every generator install since we have the service disconnected to the house and we want to be able to charge batteries, and in some cases run the home's sump pump if it requires.

I've also heard really positive things about the Honda's, however I know very little about them since I've personally never had one.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Silverstar

Thanks for sharing.
Hmm... What about paralleling 2 different brands of generators, is it ok? As for Hondas, I consider their EU2200i but haven't decided yet.
Last edited by Silverstar on Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would not advise it! The technology may be different and you could end up with 2 dead units :gutpunch:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power