Deep Sea 3110 controller

Any other brand generator not covered in the main boards. Champion, Katolight, CAT, Baldor, Winco, etc.
nrp3
Verified Dealer
Verified Dealer

So I played around with it more today. Hooked up a spare battery to it and made some jumpers to deal with the e stop. Looked over that drawing real close and couldn't find anything I was missing. I configured the two inputs not already configured that were connected to oil pressure and oil temp. This amounted to clicking on those items in each of the configurable inputs. Now it will respond to the keypad. The proper icons show up. If I attempt a start on the bench, it times out, showing no start, ie lack of input voltage. Going to drive up this afternoon and install it as well as grounding those two inputs to see if it will show overheat and low oil temp. Get past that and see whether it will accept a two wire start input and auto start.
nrp3
Verified Dealer
Verified Dealer

Once there, found I had to modify a few things, inputs for oil temp and pressure were on the wrong terminals for the configuration. Wrong voltages and frequencies, alternator type and a few others. Starts, runs, sees start commands, shuts down.
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Thats good to hear.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've never messed with the DSE stuff, but I wouldn't mind putting one in my really old 15kW liquid cooled unit :devil:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
nrp3
Verified Dealer
Verified Dealer

This particular one would likely work with older Generac machines. This Winco I was working on had a Briggs mechanically governed engine and a Mecce Alt capacitor regulated alternator. It's tiny, but it can handle the usual start/stop stuff and has an hour meter. It does have over and under voltage protection, though it doesn't serve as a voltage regulator. With the software you can configure the inputs and outputs and which of the terminals do what it some cases. Frequency and voltage that's normal to your generator are also adjustable. This is designed for two wire start though. That said, throw in a PSP conversion in the transfer switch and off you go.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

nrp3 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:23 pm
This particular one would likely work with older Generac machines. This Winco I was working on had a Briggs mechanically governed engine and a Mecce Alt capacitor regulated alternator. It's tiny, but it can handle the usual start/stop stuff and has an hour meter. It does have over and under voltage protection, though it doesn't serve as a voltage regulator. With the software you can configure the inputs and outputs and which of the terminals do what it some cases. Frequency and voltage that's normal to your generator are also adjustable. This is designed for two wire start though. That said, throw in a PSP conversion in the transfer switch and off you go.
I'm going to look into it and see if it's something that might be a fun side project. I have a R200 22kW 2.4L that I want to put a Nexus panel in, but the harness is pretty pricey. Was hoping someone had one laying in a scrap pile from a warranty swap or something. Wouldn't mind repairing the harness, just don't want to try and rework the R200 one to the Ampseal Nexus. :sacred:
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
nrp3
Verified Dealer
Verified Dealer

They have a wide range of controllers that probably encompass voltage regulation, stepper control and can communication.
nrp3
Verified Dealer
Verified Dealer

They have a wide range of controllers that probably encompass voltage regulation, stepper control and can communication.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good to know! :cool: