200a ATS Model # ?

Need a part number for something? Post about it here
FlaFyrFyter
Contributor
Contributor

1st I know Generac has got to be busy and inundated with customer support from La & Ms generator owners , Not in a big hurry for answers , even though I'm in FLA but after I figure this part out I'll move this info to the Install or wiring help , anyway , this Generac ATS I bought several yrs ago and going off the label with model and serial # inside the ATS on Generacs support , it will show "No Items Found" off model or serial # , have since sent Generac an email and still waiting for a reply after they have asked for inside and outside pics of the ATS , I have downloaded several manuals and spec sheets of various megabyte size pdf's and several different names , I would like a Generac link to my specific ATS , Please bare with me as I am just a homeowner and not familiar with part/model #'s as far as O's and 0's , the label inside shows Model : OH7265B Serial : 7027072 , Now the sticker on outside cover shows Model : OH7274 Rev. B , , None of these #'s show up on Generacs site . I already know it is a 200a Single phase ATS
Attachments
IMG_20210901_210222162.jpg
IMG_20210901_210222162.jpg (72.48 KiB) Viewed 589 times
IMG_20210901_210054207.jpg
IMG_20210901_210054207.jpg (57.99 KiB) Viewed 589 times
IMG_20210901_210018551.jpg
IMG_20210901_210018551.jpg (64.13 KiB) Viewed 589 times
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Please take a picture of the sticker on the inside SIDE of the panel. The number on the front sticker is the part number of the label itself.
FlaFyrFyter
Contributor
Contributor

$hit I swore I uploaded that with the others , sorry about that , on a sidenote , I do have the paper manual that came with it , trying to have a digital copy on my PC so I can avoid taking the paper copy apart and individually scanning each page since my building dept requires a copy of the "Spec's" to be submitted with my electrical permit application , which I hear takes 2-3 weeks for approval.
Attachments
IMG_20210818_144230970_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20210818_144230970_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg (84.19 KiB) Viewed 586 times
Birken Vogt
Generator Guru
Generator Guru

Some of these came as a package and went off the serial number of the generator itself, which it seems like you may not have available to you.
FlaFyrFyter
Contributor
Contributor

Funny , that was the 1st answer from Generac , their 2nd was a question asking for pics , Yes , this was purchased a couple years after the generator so No , my generator model # does not show this ATS and no reply from Generac regarding the pics I sent them , I have downloaded several Owner Manuals , all have different file names , all various size in pages and megabytes , some approx 24 pages , some 45+ pages , I'm about 98% sure I have downloaded the correct manual for this RTS(?)ATS , but nothing found when I use the model or serial # from the inside label
Birken Vogt
Generator Guru
Generator Guru

Where did you buy the switch from?

I wonder if it was separated from its generator by another installer who used something different, and then resold to you.

It says Nexus so it is an older switch for sure.

The fact that it has what looks like a part number in place of the model number makes it seem like it belonged to a Nexus generator at one time.

I'm sure there is an RTS model number that corresponds to it, but I don't know the nomenclature.
FlaFyrFyter
Contributor
Contributor

Bought this from an individual off Marketplace several years ago , maybe 2017-18 , it was a "Too good of a deal" to pass up , Individual was trying to not haul stuff from Fla to NC , Other than that I don't ask too many questions about stuff new in open box for 1/2 the price as new , Part of the issue is I am sure when I did purchase I took a pic of the small sticker on the box it came in , at one time found it through Generac support section and downloaded the manual but I am 2 phones later and a formatted hard drive so unless I backed up phone & hard drive to something else I probably do not have that I do any longer but I continue to look through old thumb drives and stuff , If it's a lost cause I can just use images from 1 of the PDF files I recently downloaded and we can move or continue this here or in another section that pertains to connecting it to my 20kw generator , which is even older that the ATS
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Its still just a basic switch. Will work on any current model generac generator. But if your generator is old model with a pre nexus controller or no controller at all and a printed circuit board, you will need to add a battery charge module as those older generators don’t utilize the T1 charge circuit.
Birken Vogt
Generator Guru
Generator Guru

I just typed "generac nexus smart switch" in Google and the first link was this:

https://soa.generac.com/selfhelp/media/ ... 9ce/124740

Looks like it should be a RTSD200A3 if you think that is close enough
FlaFyrFyter
Contributor
Contributor

More than close enough , looks identical and have other bookmarks linking it to a RTSD200A3 , the 2% I'm not sure about is because that # is nowhere on my ATS , where I found it , it is listed as Discontinued which is not a surprise to me but did have a link to a 45+ page owner manual with Spec's and Schematics , which the Spec's page should satisfy my county's building dept in order to issue an electrical permit , Now do I continue this here with the generator model # and tying the 2 together , or start another thread in a different section ?