No MAC address or SSID sticker

Anything not related to repairing generators or tech help
stevegen

24kw Generac serial #3011905912

My new unit did not come with the sticker that lists the MAC address and SSID.

I called Generac and they gave me the code to allow the generator to start. They said the MAC and SSID could not be found.

In trying to setup the WiFi, I find that information is required. Would that information be in the generator's software? Would I be able to access it?
Thanks.

Steve
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Did your unit come with wifi antenna, some are not shipped with it. Generac should have included paperwork telling you how to mail in to get an antenna shipped. The shipped antenna comes with label.

Pull the little grey round antenna cover off generator back, and see if its just a housing with a wire connector in it.
stevegen

The Generac technician stopped out this morning to check out the no-start issue that you helped me to fix.

At first he thought the same thing. That I needed to claim my module. Turns out the unit came with the module, the sticker wasn't attached though. First time he had ever seen that.

He was able to get around that somehow. He went through the procedure to run it it under load manually. Everything is good.

Thanks for your help grsthegreat!

Steve
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

ok, no problem. weird it wasnt attached.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you ever need the WiFi information, there is a duplicate copy on the module itself (you have to remove the battery side panel and customer access cover).
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power