New here? Tell us about yourself!
Misty

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:24 am

I am new to this forum. I just bought a Generac 9 KW and was looking for information about; how to protect the Generac from all the snow we get here in Canada during the winter month. I came accross Skip Douglas solution for the intake with the plexiglass. It is very ingenious.
I was wondering if I need to install a plexiglass protection to the exhaust panel. Also on the side where the fuel regulator is located there is a small opening in the middle of the panel. Should this one be protected also with a plexiglass. The reason being I will not be around to showvel the snow during snow storm. During the winter months we get lot of snow/snow drigt and the accumulation can be up to 4 feets. Thanks for your help. Michel
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Exhaust end doesn't matter too much since the heat will pretty quickly melt the snow. The vent on the rear of the unit for the stator is also important to keep clear!
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power