Generac XG8000E Not producing electricty

Portable standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions. (Gasoline, diesel, propane, natural gas)
grandslam

Ok here goes, bought this unit with 60 hours on the meter and looks to be in pretty good shape but wasn't making any electricity. I heard the engine run and was running rough and didn't appear to be running at full rpm. I figured clean gas and a new plug would fix that. Got it home put a battery on it got it started and boy it was rough running, removed the air box cover and filter discovered the it is spewing gas out of the carburetor when running, so it appears that engine is flooding. I pulled the plug and although the is totally black at the electrode and about 1/4" up the threads the plug looks new other wise. Cleaned the plug and set the gap to .030 and it ran a little better but still spewing a mist of gas. I think if I can get the engine running correctly it will make electricity. Does the sound like a problem any of you are familiar with ? Suggestions please.
genemiller

Mine produces electric no matter how bad it’s running. Not the correct voltage or hertz but if it’s spinning something should show on a meter. If gas is spurting out the carb I would take it apart and make sure the float is working. If the float isn’t free it can’t turn off the fuel.
grandslam

Thank you, it's going to be a few days before I can get back to it but I will give that a look. I'll post results.