Generac 7550EXL output voltage 167VAC

Portable standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions. (Gasoline, diesel, propane, natural gas)
Darrell7887

I have a Generac 7550EXL. I noticed I have a voltage output of 167VAC. If I adjust the idle it will drop to 120VAC, but my frequency is now 45cps. I adjusted the frequency back to 60 and my voltage output is back to 167VAC. I triied adjusting the VR on the System Control Board with no effect. I suspect the Control Board is defective. I see a couple of people on this forum have the same issue. Can I get this board repaired?

Darrell7887
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would send a PM to BassGuitarist on here. He makes the repairs for people :cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Bassguitarist1985
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Chris! I did repair Darrells board!

Darrell, do let everyone know the outcome, and contact me if you have any questions during reinstall.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bassguitarist1985 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:01 am
Thank you Chris! I did repair Darrells board!

Darrell, do let everyone know the outcome, and contact me if you have any questions during reinstall.
:cool:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power