What size gas line for my new 22kW 7043 Generac?

Automatic standby generator installation questions. Wiring, placement, code requirements, etc.
JohnnyH

Just got my new 22kW generator and am wondering what size gas line I should run for it? It's going to be about 50 feet away from the gas meter which is a 400 CFH meter that I have already had upgraded for the installation. Thanks!
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you are using black iron pipe and not CSST or plastic underground, normally I would run a 1-1/4" line for that unit. This is assuming that the gas pressure there is between 5-7" (natural gas) of water and not elevated. If using an elevated system and a step down regulator at the generator, the line could be sized smaller, but I recommend contacting a licensed plumber locally to determine the line size for you. If you do contact a licensed plumber, the fuel spec for that unit is in the owner's manual and installation manual and will be 281,000 BTU/HR. If you have a new Wi-Fi unit model 70432 the spec is 327,000 BTU/HR. To be honest, I'd just use the larger spec anyways, they are the same unit minus the new Wi-Fi module.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Richcallinan

I ran 1 1/2 black steel pipe into my basement then T off with 1 1/4 les then 50 feet First thing off the meter and ran the 1 1/4 out the foundation and reduced it to 3/4 then we went 5 foot with 2 risers to the generator a 22 kw Do yo think that’s to far with the 3/4 thanks rich