Wiring Rxsw200A3

Automatic standby generator installation questions. Wiring, placement, code requirements, etc.
JoshBacker

I was curious how to connect the controls between Generac RXSW200A3 and the Generac SD-50 480V 3ph? I have already installed a transformer for the output power and everything is golden output voltage wise. I just need to figure out how to safely connect the control wiring to sense and auto start and stop the generator upon utility power loss. I can add a small transformer if need be for voltage sensing etc. Please let me know if you have any questions, otherwise I’d love to hear your input on the controls connections.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would guess that the generator is an Industrial unit that's 2-wire start only..? That transfer switch is not a switch that has a controller, so there's no output there for the generator. You would need a 2-wire start transfer switch or to purchase and rig up a controller to that switch. A company called PSP does make a controller system.

BTW, most Industrial generator ends can be re-strapped for the correct voltage, eliminating the need for the transformer...
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
JoshBacker

Yes, that is correct, it is a two wire start, and it is an industrial generator. Is it fairly simple to re-strap for the proper voltage or is it an internal change?

As far as PSP controller system, is that something that I can order through Gentekpower? Or what is the controller model number that is needed to adapt it? I was curious if there was a set of contacts off of the transfer switch to be able to wire in a relay to control the two wire start on the Generac SD-50? I have it all completely wired besides the controls, I would love to have it automatic. As far as the two wire start is it looking for a momentary to start and a momentary to stop or is it a maintained two wire start and then shuts off once the maintained contact drops out?
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Psp products makes an interconnect that goes between the 6 wires from transfer switch and comes out as 2 wire start. The unit also takes over exercise and cool down. There is no relay in the existing switch that can do 2 wire start. Ill PM you a link to PSP, as i dont think i can post it on the site.