Wiring with both manual and auto transfer?

Automatic standby generator installation questions. Wiring, placement, code requirements, etc.
Inssomniak

Hi all. New here and I am working to install an older Generac 04759-1 12k standby generator with low hours. We dont have frequent power outages here so I am not interested in installing a whole home automatic transfer switch for MOST of the home. Ill explain what I want to do the best I can.

I want the generator to start automatically when the utility power fails, and I would like it to feed a small sub panel that will feed a lower amperage automatic transfer switch to supply power to a sump pump only (still looking for recommendations on one), automatically. I also want the generator to shut down automatically when the utility power is restored. From this sub panel, a feed to the main panel via 50 amp breaker and a panel interlock (eaton) so if I would like to power the home, that part is manual transfer. I cant wrap my head around how this is going to happen without the Generac transfer switch because of the way the sense circuit works? If I operate the interlock (shut off main panel breaker, active the interlock, and turn on generator breaker) then any sense circuit wired to the generator will just simply sense itself and shut off, and get stuck in an off/on loop? Im not sure I understand it correctly and Ive had difficulty determining exactly how it works. I do not have an ATS and don't plan on one except for the sump pump. Looking for any assistance or suggestions on how to do what I want?

Thanks!