Battery low

Automatic standby generator installation questions. Wiring, placement, code requirements, etc.
Gpower

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 pm

If generator off and I test N1 and N2 utility sensing should I read 240volts across I have 120volt on T1
Will there always be 240volt on utility sensing? Can u explain how it starts when utility power goes out
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:11 am

Yes, at all times when the utility power is on, N1 and N2 will read 240V (or whatever the utility power is coming in)

T1 is a 120V battery charging circuit that will always have power, regardless if the generator is powering the home or the utility is. It's connected to the load side of the transfer switch.

When the controller senses a loss of power on either N1, N2 or both, the controller calls for the unit to start and begin the warmup timer and then transfer.
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
KamVOMIA

Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:40 am

I still suspect the battery as your problem. I would charge it fully and take it somewhere for a load test. That is a easy one to check from square one.