Powertech generator / Generac 200ATS

Automatic/Manual transfer switch repair, wiring & troubleshooting questions
Dookiebilt

Good afternoon I have several questions. I have a Generac 200amp ATS model # OH7265B & Powertech 25KW model PT-25T-CA. I had the electrician hookup the ATS & I set the gen set & wired the 12DC to position to 194 & put the transfer wire to 23. I flipped the auto switch to the on position & the generator started up automatically. 1st the line power was off & once the generator came up to operating speed it never switched over automatically I had to switch it manually knowing the pole power was off. The generator worked flawlessly line power was restored approx. 4 hours later it switched back to line power on its own but the generator never powered down & shut off. I looked at a few other board posts will the KGC-1 fix this problem? where do the 2 gen start wires come from if mine only has 12v DC & transfer wire off the ECM pigtail? The other wires that hook up the KGC-1 to the ATS make since. just confused on those two wires. please help thank you. Lynn
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Im not sure i can help. But the generac transfer switch is a dumb switch. All the brains to control it are in the generator. The generator controller takes wire 23 to ground and completes the transfer. Wire 194 is always 12vdc..i have no idea what your generator requires from a switch. Most require a smart switch that controls the generator.
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

What tells your generator to turn on and off. Generac units use wires n1 and n2 to monitor utility power.
Dookiebilt

that's what I'm trying to figure out. When I hooked everything up I flipped the power switch to auto & the generator just fired up but didn't pull the contactor in to switch over to generator power I had to manually switch the ATS.
Dookiebilt

Jeff at Powertech told me he didn't know a thing about ATS's so that's why i'm reaching out. there has to be a signal wire to start & stop. this thing has a ECU so I'm sure it can be programmed some how. just not by me!!
Birken Vogt
Generator Guru
Generator Guru

Get a schematic for the generator along with the model of the controller and post it on here. Without that we are stabbing in the dark.
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Funny, i looked up powertech on google. The only thing i found Was an owners manual. There is a statement saying generator will start in auto when battery is depleted. Have no idea what that means.

Can find no wiring schematic.
Birken Vogt
Generator Guru
Generator Guru

If it is the Powertech I know, good company down in Florida but does not sell to the mass market. The OP will have to call and ask. If we can get the info then we can help. If not, we have no idea.
Dookiebilt

I just want to thank all that have commented to try to help me figure this out. Hats off thanks all has been helpful. I reached out to Jeff @ Powertech he said look under discontinued models PTS 15-25 all the schematics are there. http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0062/4 ... UAL.pdf?78 hope this link works. the schematics are at the very bottom i'll try to post link pic's not very computer savvy.. looks like page 56 is the ECU-63 schematic
grsthegreat
Generator Jedi Master
Generator Jedi Master

Is this an RV generator? Thinking the auto start only happens when battery level drops.