Add PWRview to RXSW200A3 ATS?

Automatic/Manual transfer switch repair, wiring & troubleshooting questions
Matyac

Is it possible to add the PWRview module to an RXSW200A3 ATS? The PWRview module is sold separately. It looks like all that would be needed beyond that would be the fuse block connected to the T1 and T2 terminals, and an on/off switch for the PWRview module. Are those parts sold separately? Can they be installed into an RSXW200A3?

Thanks in advance.

-Scott
Last edited by Matyac on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
grsthegreat
Generator Guru
Generator Guru

i think they can be added pretty easily, however 2 issues arise.
1. the parts are not sold separately yet as far as i know
2. the parts arnt even available for new purchases right now. apparently due to chip shortages.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

They do have a shortage right now, and all of the 24kW models that were shipping with the PWRView monitors have been converted over to the normal RXSW200A3 switches again to get product to the consumers and dealers.

They are available as a separate module and have been since the technology came out, but you won't be able to get them for some time now with the shortage. :sad:
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Matyac

Thanks for the replies. How about the fuse block and on/off switch? Can they be ordered separately?
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not sure what you mean by that? The fuses in these switches are part of the SACM load shed device now. You can buy the entire device if you need it.
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
Matyac

Chris,

The RXEMW200A3 transfer switch with PWRview has a fuse block to protect the PWRview module and a toggle switch to shut off power to the fuse block and PWRview module. I'm wondering if the fuse block and toggle switch are available separately so that I can add them to my RXSW200A3.

-Scott
Attachments
RXEMW200A3 wiring diagram.jpg
RXEMW200A3 wiring diagram.jpg (82.27 KiB) Viewed 238 times
RXEMW200A3 photo.jpg
RXEMW200A3 photo.jpg (25.15 KiB) Viewed 238 times
grsthegreat
Generator Guru
Generator Guru

Right now power View isn’t even available thru Generac. They discontinued it. I really doubt you can get parts for it. They removed it from my parts ordering menu at generac.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

The fuse block for sure is since they used that for many years as the 'normal' fuse block for the switches. That diagram shows a Molex connector on the other end for the HEMS module, which you'd have to come up with.

The switch is mounted to some kind of custom bracket which is likely not available separately since it's probably riveted to the back of the main panelboard.

I don't think at this point I would force the issue of installing this system until they are available again. Like GRS said, they're gone from our systems and not available.

There are many other systems out there that can be installed!