ATS won't transfer to generator

Automatic/Manual transfer switch repair, wiring & troubleshooting questions
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

The diagnostic manual for Evolution 1.0 and 2.0 is what you need. You can download it here: https://shop.gentekpower.com/products/g ... tic-manual
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
stedder

Ok Chris, how can I make sure I order the correct controller and whatever else may have been affected in line for my model and serial?
stedder

Those numbers are...
Gen model G0065512
SN...3000284171
ATS model OL3217B
SN ..3000290175
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just let me know what parts you need and I will track them down for you and send links, either here or by email, whatever is easiest! :cool:
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power
corparalturner

Hi Chris new to the forum have Guardian Quiet 15k s/n 4427140 model number 0052440 with ATS s/n 3006030757 model number RXSC100A3 utility goes off generator comes on but no power is transferred to house when utility is retired generator shuts down what are possible causes.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

First thing to check is to make sure the unit is making voltage and the breaker is on in the generator.
benniej

My name is Bennie in Texas and I have a Generac 60K model #QT06063AVAN, SER #5000015 with a 400 AMP MODEL #RTSN400A3, SER #4311597.
This past week during the rolling blackouts we had here in Texas due to the cold weather upon loose of utility power the generator would run, but switch would not automatically transfer.
I had to do the transfer manually. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. With the generator off and the switch in utility on position I have 12V+ on both 23 and 194
terminals on strip in transfer box. If I disconnect 194 from the terminal strip than I only have 12V+ to the disconnected wire, but not to 23 which is still connected to the terminal strip.
I am unsure what this is telling me as to where my problem may be. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

benniej wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:55 pm
My name is Bennie in Texas and I have a Generac 60K model #QT06063AVAN, SER #5000015 with a 400 AMP MODEL #RTSN400A3, SER #4311597.
This past week during the rolling blackouts we had here in Texas due to the cold weather upon loose of utility power the generator would run, but switch would not automatically transfer.
I had to do the transfer manually. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. With the generator off and the switch in utility on position I have 12V+ on both 23 and 194
terminals on strip in transfer box. If I disconnect 194 from the terminal strip than I only have 12V+ to the disconnected wire, but not to 23 which is still connected to the terminal strip.
I am unsure what this is telling me as to where my problem may be. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Those transfer switches are a bit more involved when it comes to troubleshooting due to the contactor they use. Are you seeing the small relay move or do you hear it 'click' when the generator starts and tells the switch to transfer?
benniej

I will have to check that out as I have not been at the transfer switch when the generator starts.