Governor Actuator Problem Code

Cummins/Onan Air Cooled & Liquid Cooled standby generator troubleshooting and repair questions
ANDREWAKINS

My Rv qd 5000 onan generator is throwing service fault 19 governor actuator. It’s done this early in the year for the past two seasons when I brought it out of storage but ends up working as it should. This year it shuts off usually about 2 min after starting. It will sometimes run for 45 min. I drove the rv down to onan dealer last year and it worked like a champ after I dropped it off for them. Dealer is about 2 hours away. Any reason to why it is having problems and shutting down. Thought about ordering the actuator and hoping it’s in a spot I can get to. This unit is not in a slide cradle. If it’s not on the access panel on the front side I got more problems. Actuator is about $500. Seems like the first year I pulled the cover off side panel and actuator cover and cleaned a few connections and it started working again.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sorry, but I just don't have any experience with these units to give you a great answer. Based on everything I can find about it, it sounds like the error code is activated when the controller senses a short or open in the governor control. Have you found any loose or corroded wiring or connectors?
Generac tech for over 12 years. I'm here to help!
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Looking for Generac parts? Gentek Power offers the full line of Generac replacement parts! Shop Gentek Power Generac Parts
A list of my favorite Generator & Electrical Tools! https://www.amazon.com/shop/gentek_power